Date: 14th, 16th, 18th & 21st August 2022
Time: 08.00 PM (Dhaka)
Title of the training
Financial Modeling and Forecasting
Get financial insight quickly!
This workshop is designed to be the best guide to financial modeling. We will break down the most important aspects of various types of financial models and provide numerous tips and tricks with industry-leading best practices. Learn to build a model yourself with this financial modeling training and practical session. We’ve designed this training to be extremely practical with specific takeaways that can help you improve your financial modeling skills.
How participants will benefit after course
- Prepare a financial model on their company’s data.
- To know the excel application on financial modeling
- Realistic prediction to get better insights of financial number
- Automating the long-term forecasting and projection
- Create sophisticated outputs for analysis, including beautiful tables, charts, and graphs.
Session wise outline
Session-01: Fundamental of Financial modeling and forecasting
- What is Financial Modeling?
- Types of Financial Modeling
- What is financial model used for?
- Steps of financial modeling process
- Why Build a Financial Model?
Session-02: Excel tips and tricks
- Excel keyboard and mouse shortcuts
- Formulas and Functions
- Date, Time and Text
- Index Match
- Extract Top / Bottom 5 values
- Top 5 Values – Easier method
- Monthly / Quarterly totals from daily data
- Change from previous month / period
- Remove Blank Cells
- Remove duplicate combinations
- Change formulas quickly with FIND Replace
- Use Flash Fill to extract data quickly
- Distinct counts – the easy way with Pivot Tables
- Clone with CTRL
- Customize Quick Access Toolbar + Ribbon
Session-03: Modeling best practices
- Use color coding to distinguish between input and formulas
- Building standalone 3 statement model
- Clearly separate the assumptions
- Use clear headers and subheads
- Build in error checks
- Pull forward information where it helps.
- 6-point checklist of financial modeling in excel
Session-04: Building the forecast
- Top down analysis
- Bottom up analysis
- Regression analysis
- Year over year growth rate
- Practical: Preparing automated financial model using excel
Session-05: Linking the statements
- Begin by calculating revenue
- Create supporting schedules for capital assets
- Finish the Income statement
- Build the cash flow statement
- Practical: Linking the model with statement
Session-06: Presenting results
- Introduction to business intelligence (MS Power BI)
- Charts and visuals in Excel
- Any professional who involve in financial decision-making process or helps decision makers by providing real time & actionable insights. This course is suitable for them who wants to build their career in Management Information System, Financial Analysis, Business Analytics & Strategic Business Planning related functions.
- Interactive practical session with power point presentation & lab test.
- Accounting & financial knowledge
- Familiarity with Basic MS Excel
- Financial Analysis and Business Intelligence Professional.
- Rony Saha, a Financial Management and Business Intelligence Professional with more than 10 years job experience in Accounting, Financial Analysis, Inventory Management, Business Planning, Business Process Management and Business Intelligence in different industries (e.g., Food Manufacturing, FMCG, Ceramics, Shipping, Oil and Gas Industry). Currently he is serving to Multinational Oil and Gas Industry, Chevron Bangladesh as a Business and Financial Analyst. He is a member of Bangladesh Economic Association (BEA), Bangladesh Society for Total Quality Management (BSTQM) and Institute of Personnel Management (IPM).
- In his career life he is always preferring to eliminate guesswork, analyzing data and presenting actionable insights to help management and corporate end-user to make better strategic decisions. He is passionate to work with data and accelerating organization growth by maximizing cap value.
- He has diversified experience in Operational Excellence, Process Improvement, Economic summary analysis, Costing and budgetary control at all level of organization. His key area of expertise includes Market Research & Customer Satisfaction Survey, Business Planning and Data analysis with sustain improvement, Strategic Management, and Training Facilitation.
- Before Joining Chevron Bangladesh, he served to Index Companies, Haque Group of Industries, Matador Group, MST Marine Service and Traders Limited in their different functional areas.
- Academically Rony Saha has been awarded ACBA with distinction and got highest mark in his batch from IBA, University of Dhaka. He also completed graduation and post-graduation in accounting with recommendable academic record-1st class in both certifications.
Portfolio of “Business Intelligence with MS Power BI” training
- Public Training with:
- Bdjobs Training
- BITM (BASIS Institute of Technology and Management)
- Corporate Training with:
- Global Brand Pvt. Ltd.
- Marks & Spencer
- After completing every lesson click on the “COMPLETE ” button the go to the next lesson.
- Must set up your first name, last name, and display name from settings of your profile for your certificate. [Log in> Profile> Settings> General> Fill up the required fields> Save Changes ]
- Do not click on the “FINISH COURSE” button without watching all the videos.
- After watching all the videos click on the “FINISH COURSE ”button then the Certificate will be generated.
- More details: https://thrivingskill.com/faqs/
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 12 Hours
- Language English
- Students 0
- Certificate No
- Assessments Yes