Supervision means instructing, guiding, monitoring, and observing the first-line employees or workers while they are performing jobs in the organization. It refers to the activities at the workplace in which a manager oversees the activities and responsibilities of employees he manages. It is an important job function for managers at all levels throughout your company. Coaching, training, and employee development are among the common responsibilities assumed by a supervisor. Hence, a supervisor has to make sure that all the instructions are communicated to each and every employee. The top-level and middle level, plan out all the instructions but the instructions are issued only by the supervisory level. Whenever the workers are under constant supervision then step by step check is kept and if they are deviating from the plan then immediate instructions are issued by the supervisor.
By this constant monitoring, the supervision function ensures strict control over the activities of subordinates. When the workers are constantly monitored they always use the resources in the best possible manner which leads to minimum wastage. The strict supervision and guidance of the supervisor encourage the employees and workers to be more disciplined in their activities. Under the guidance of the supervisor, the workers follow a fixed or strict time-table and execute the plans in the right direction. Supervisors give the report regarding the working of every worker which becomes the base for the performance appraisal for the employees. The relationship with the supervisor is a very good incentive to improve the motivation level of the employees. While guiding the employees the supervisors encourage the subordinates to perform to their best capacity.
Therefore, this course deals with the management and supervision of the workers or employees working under direct monitoring and control.
Intended Learning Outcomes (ILOs):
After successfully completing this course, students should be able to learn:
- how to be committed to toward the job,
- how to supervise based on clarity about agreed roles, responsibilities, and expectations
- factors affecting supervision and purposes of supervision;
- Principles for leadership in the supervision
- Different types of supervision techniques at work.
Why Techniques of Supervision?
Using supervising techniques such as, correct delegation, conflict resolution, and time management can help supervisors to manage employees successfully. Supervision requires a set of techniques and skills because it involves not only the management of human resources but also the management and completion of tasks and achievement of targets. Creating an effective method to supervise is important for achieving clarity and method at work.
Target Audience & Target Groups:
This course will benefit anyone who is new to a Managerial Position i.e., First-line manager or supervisor, or who would like to refresh their existing people’s supervision skills. More specifically:
- First-line Managers or Lower Level Managers or Supervisors;
- Small Business Entrepreneurs
- Business Students of Bachelor and Masters Programs;
- Business Professionals al the Lower Level of the Organizational Hierarchy;
- Anyone who has Interested in the topic – Supervision.
Prerequisite Courses if Any:
Introduction to Business, Introduction to Organization, Management Fundamentals.
- After completing each lesson, you have to click on the “COMPLETE” button then go to the next lesson.
- Must fill up your first name and last name before complete this course for your certificate.
- You have to complete all quizzes with a minimum 70% correct answer & within available Re-take.
- Complete every lesson of this course serially.
- Don’t click on the “FINISH COURSE” button.
- If you click on the “FINISH COURSE” button then the course will be finished, you will unable to complete the next lessons or parts of this course and a Certificate will be generated.
Instructor of this Training:
Courses of This Instructors:
- Lectures 14
- Quizzes 1
- Duration 1.30 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language Bangla
- Students 64
- Certificate Yes
- Assessments Self
Techniques Of Supervision
- Introduction to Management
- Concepts of Supervision
- Major Supervision Areas
- Who is a supervisor
- Factors Affecting Supervision
- Purposes of Supervision
- Principles for Leadership in Supervision
- Types of Supervision
- What does a supervisor do
- Development Approaches of Supervisor
- Techniques of Supervision
- Style of Supervision
Techniques of supervisionTo the administration of this! Thank you so much for your fruitful and very interesting season, its a very help in my career in management supervision. Im hoping of more great and excellent season 😊 see you in the future 🙏
Nice SessionVery effective and informative session indeed💚Thanks Sir, Everyone
Excellent and very clear comprehensive session. We learning and development our career.Excellent session and very helpful for our career . I learn and development my skills. Thank you for this effective course.