Nowadays safety is the paramount importance for organizations. Any incident/accident due to unsafe conditions or unsafe acts may be done irreparable damage to organizational reputation as well as business.
According to ILO, it is estimated that over 11,000 workers suffer fatal accidents and a further 24,500 die from work-related diseases across all sectors each year in Bangladesh. It is also estimated that a further 8 million workers suffer injuries at work – many of which result in permanent disability. Although little research has taken place in Bangladesh, it is internationally recognized that most occupational deaths and injuries are entirely preventable, and could be avoided if employers and workers took simple initiatives to reduce hazards and risks at the workplace.
The goals of occupational safety and health programs include fostering a safe and healthy work environment. Occupational health deals with all aspects of health and safety in the workplace and has a strong focus on primary prevention of hazards. The purpose of this course is to provide a systematic and objective approach to assessing hazards and their associated risks that will provide an objective measure of an identified hazard as well as provide a method to control the risk.
After attending this course participants will able to carry out hazard identification and risk assessments in the workplace with the necessary tools and skills. The aim of the course is to enable responsible and informed contributions to the health and safety effort in the workplace. At the end of the course, the participants will be skilled to identify the hazard, doing a risk assessment and apply the mechanism to control the risks associated at the workplace.
Definitions of safety terms
- Causes of Hazard
- Types of Risks
- How to start a risk assessment
- Risk Levels
- Risk Control
Safety is everybody’s responsibility. So anyone can attend this course.
- After completing each lesson, you have to click on the “COMPLETE” button then go to the next lesson.
- Must fill up your first name, last name then display name for your certificate.
- You have to complete all quizzes with a minimum 70% correct answer & within 5 Re-take.
- Complete every lesson of this course serially.
- Don’t click on “FINISH COURSE” button.
- If you click on the “FINISH COURSE” button then the course will be finished, you will unable to complete the next lessons or parts of this course and a Certificate will be generated.
COURSES OFTHIS INSTRUCTOR
- Lectures 9
- Quizzes 6
- Duration 1 Hour
- Skill level All levels
- Language Bangla
- Students 10
- Certificate Yes
- Assessments Self
Proper Content for ensuring workplace safetyRisk assessment by using Likelihood and Severity, looks to be a useful technique. Overall the course was simple, easy to understand, informative and applicable.