Tanvir Hassan Zoha
At A Glance:
An Assistant Professor of Bangladesh University of Business and Technology, Tanvir Hassan Zoha is widely known as a cybersecurity analyst in Bangladesh and several other countries. As a digital forensic and ICT law expert, he has been training various professionals, including members of the Bangladesh Police and journalists for their capacity building in forensic investigation as well as digital safety and security. In addition, he takes classes at different educational institutions across the country on different cybersecurity issues. Zoha has a Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical and Electronic Engineering from Ahsan Ullah University of Science and Technology. He did his post-graduation in Communication Engineering from United International University.
- Assistant Professor. Adjutant Faculty at Bangladesh University of Business and Technology (BUBT).
- Former Assistant Professor at Islamic University of Technology (IUT)
- Managing Director, Backdoor Private Limited, a digital security company based in Dhaka
Guest Lecturer: (Digital Forensics and ICT law)
- Detective Training School (CID, Bangladesh Police)
- BCS Administration Academy, Shahbag, Dhaka-1000
- Institute of Information Technology, University of Dhaka
Computer Forensic Investigator
January 2015 – February 2017
Polaris Forensic Ltd
- Worked with a team of detectives focused on investigating computer crimes sometimes in tandem with the Police Bureau of Investigation.
- Analyzed computers search histories and hard drives of computers seized pursuant to search warrants.
- Obtained search warrants from courts prior to conducting analysis.
- Authored Affidavits for search warrants for judge approval.
- Obtained ISP search warrants for internet crimes.
- Investigations led to successful prosecutions for embezzlement fraud identity theft and child pornography.
- Was able to recover hard drives that suspects had attempted to erase or destroy.
- Drafted reports submitted them for review and worked with prosecutors to help secure convictions.
- Frequently testified in criminal court proceedings for the prosecution concerning methods used and evidence discovered.
- Successfully withstood defense cross-examination through careful explanations of criminal forensic methods utilized in computer investigation processes.
Digital Forensic Examiner
August 2013 – December 2014
Insight Bangladesh Foundation
- Preserved, harvested and processed electronic data according to the firm’s policies and practices.
- Conducted forensic analysis.
- Provided creative and innovative solutions for client matters.
- Formed and articulated expert opinions based on analysis.
- Drafted expert reports, affidavits and other expert testimony.
- Provided expert testimony in depositions, trials and other proceedings.
- Maintained a high level of professionalism in all areas of performance.
- Attended and presented in-house training salons.
Digital Forensic Examiner,
Pinecone Cyber Defense
- Examined individual items of evidence for data recovery, specific material of probative value, evidence of tampering and related examinations.
- Conducted comprehensive and authoritative technical analyses of evidence in all types of difficult and complex cases, often creating new techniques of examination.
- Performed examination of computer systems and associated digital media utilizing operating system software.
- Examined physically write protected media to include: partition information, directory listings.
- Deleted file listings, unallocated files space and slack extractions.
- Remarkable experience in MAC Forensics
- Profound knowledge of Network and Systems Administration
- Familiarity with Windows, Macintosh and Linux Operating Systems
- Strong understanding of forensic science relating to digital and analog media
- Ability to install and troubleshoot computer system hardware and software
- Ability to use file viewers, programming languages, video/audio digitization
- Proficient with forensic techniques, forensic toolsets – dtSearch, EnCase and FTK Suite
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical and Electronic Engineering from the Ahsanullah University of Science and Technology, Dhaka
- Master’s Degree in Communication Engineering from the United International University.
Additional Professional Certification:
Track ID: KL-THZ-020178.
|KL 102.10||Kaspersky Endpoint Security and Management||This course shows how to install Kaspersky Security Center 10, remotely deploy Kaspersky Endpoint Security 10 for Windows, set up centralized updating and notifications, enforce a protection policy, run virus scans and do other actions of an anti-virus security administrator.|
|KL 102.104||Kaspersky Endpoint Security and Management||This course explains how to install Kaspersky Security Center, deploy Kaspersky Endpoint Security in the network, configure updates and notifications, enforce a policy, start virus scanning across the network and take other antivirus protection management activities.|
|KL 103.90||Kaspersky Security 9.0 for Microsoft Exchange Servers||This course shows how to install and manage Kaspersky Security 9.0 for Microsoft Exchange Servers. It presents basic information on how to implement an anti-virus protection system on the messaging level and provides numerous demonstrations of the practical use of the software.|
|KL 106.80||Kaspersky Security 8.0 for Linux Mail Server||This course describes installation of Kaspersky Security 8.0 for Linux Mail Server and its web interface, integration with MTA, operation principles and settings of Anti-Spam, Anti-Virus and Content Filtering modules. It presents necessary information to manage the program tasks and control mail traffic processing using notifications, reports and statistics.|
|KL 108.10||Encryption||From this course will learn how to install and use the data encryption component, which is not included in the Basic configuration of Kaspersky Endpoint Security 10 for Windows.|
|KL 108.104||Encryption||This course describes how to install the encryption components of Kaspersky Endpoint Security 10 for Windows and manage them via the Kaspersky Security Center console.|
|KL 109.10||Systems Management||This course is devoted to the system management, which is a general term related to centralized management of the company IT assets. It covers a large number of various tools necessary for monitoring, management and troubleshooting.|
|KL 110.10||Mobile Device Management||learn about Mobile Device Management.|
|KL 114.30||Kaspersky Security for Virtualization. Agentless||This course explains how to install Kaspersky Security for Virtualization 3.0 Agentless, configure updates and on-demand scanning, enforce a policy, create a protection profile, and solve typical issues.|
|KL 117.80||Kaspersky Security 8.0 for SharePoint Server||This course teaches how to install Kaspersky Security 8.0 for SharePoint Server, how to set up file scanning for viruses and prohibited content on access and on demand, how to create custom content filtering categories and how to configure updates and notifications.|
|KL 121.01||Kaspersky Security Integrations for MSP||In this section you will find short technical videos describing installation and initial configuration of Kaspersky Security integrations for MSP. Following the videos will allow you to integrate MSP platforms with on-premises or cloud-based security solutions, provided by Kaspersky Lab.|
|KL 131.30||Kaspersky Security for Virtualization. Light Agent||The course teaches how to deploy and maintain the Kaspersky Security for Virtualization 3.0 Light Agent protection solution. It pulls together all the best of Kaspersky Endpoint Security and Kaspersky Security for Virtualization 3.0 Agentless – supreme protection level and efficient use of resources.|
|KL 135.10||Kaspersky Security for Storage||The course explains how to protect network-attached storages (NAS) with Kaspersky Lab products. You will learn how to deploy a network storage from scratch, how to organize real-time antivirus scanning for it, and how to configure web traffic scanning via ICAP in Kaspersky Security 10 for Windows Server.|
|KL 139.01||Kaspersky Threat Intelligence||The course describes the services that help to detect threats by analyzing data gathered by SIEM and Threat intelligence platforms, and explains how to use these services. Integration of threat data feeds with Splunk is described in detail.|
|KL 140.10||Kaspersky Endpoint Security Cloud||This course is dedicated to a new product by Kaspersky Lab: Kaspersky Endpoint Security Cloud. The training covers typical scenarios of deploying and using the product, including signing in to Kaspersky Endpoint Security Cloud, connecting computers and mobile devices, configuring protection for them, searching for lost mobile devices and more.
Upon completing this course, the students will be able to efficiently manage workstations’ security in a small company or a company with several geographically distributed offices from anywhere through a cloud console.
|KL 141.10||Kaspersky Kaspersky Security for Microsoft Office 365||This course is dedicated to a new product by Kaspersky Lab: Kaspersky Security for Microsoft Office 365.|
Tanvir Hassan Zoha